Wednesday, March 31, 2010

One month.

It's been one month, and I'm ready to start writing.

****

(April 6, 2010)

I am not quite sure where to begin writing, but I know that I need to, and I want to.

I saved all of my dad's emails from the past 16 months (after his diagnosis), and one of them reads:

"I would like to thank you for everything you have doing for me since I've gotten sick. You have been great! I wish I had your talent to be able to tell you how much it has meant to me. But you were blessed with the writing skills. I am so lucky to have you on my side pulling for me. I will never forget that. Anyway, thank you. I love you, Dad."

I was blessed with the writing skills, or so my dad thought. Now that I need to write, I am finding it so difficult to do so. I just don't even know where to begin.

So that I don't overwhelm this blog with posts about my grief and my journey, I will start a new blog, and I think I will just post in bits and pieces until I am able to join my story--and my dad's story--into one coherent whole.

No comments: